Faculty @ Jain University
While Applying please mention only the codes in the subject line
Economics – JC/Eco/NAY
* Carry out regular teaching and practical classes as per prescribed guidelines
* Teaching methods include lectures, seminars, practical laboratory demonstrations and e-learning.
* Provide timely guidance and feed back to students, advice and counsel them
* Participate in setting question papers, conducting examinations , assess work and provide feedback to students
* Supervise student projects, field trips and, where appropriate, placements
* Challenge thinking and develop the ability of students to engage in critical discourse and rational thinking
* Update knowledge and understanding in field or specialisation
* Representing the institution at professional conferences and seminars, and contributing to these as necessary
* Balance the competing pressures of teaching, scholarship, research, knowledge transfer, administrative demands and deadlines
* Contribute to the management of quality, audit and other external assessments
* Participating in and organizing extracurricular activities, such as social activities, outings and sporting events.
* Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
* Participating in departmental meetings and staff training activities
* Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected
Salary:Best in the Industry
Industry:Education, Teaching, Training
Functional Area:Teaching, Education, Training, Counselling
Desired Candidate Profile
Education:(UG – B.A – Economics) AND (PG – M.A – Economics) AND ( Doctorate – Ph.D – Economics)
The applicant should be/have:
* Post-graduate in Economics with minimum 55%
* Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
* Supervisory skills
* Planning and Decision Making
* Basic IT Skills
* Support paper/ poster presentation, Research programme
* Works as part of a team
* Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated
* Demonstrates strong work ethics to achieve goals
* Displays effective multi-tasking and time management skills
* Should be dynamic, presentable & confident
* Preference will be given for NET/SET Candidate
* Both fresher / experienced candidates can apply
Jain University (formerly Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College, SBMJC) is declared deemed to be University under section 3 of the UGC act, 1956 by the Ministry of HRD. It is promoted by the Jain University Trust. The Jain University Trust is managed by the JGI Group.
Headquartered at Bangalore, the JGI Group represents a cluster of 59 vibrant educational establishments. After 21 years, the Group is today home to over 30000 students and 3120 staff members engaged at the P – 12, undergraduate & postgraduate levels across 30 campuses and centres of excellence.
The University offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research degrees in Languages, Social Sciences & Humanities, Physical & Life Sciences, Engineering Science and Technology, Management and Commerce. At Jain University undergraduate & postgraduate aspirants have an opportunity to fulfil education requirements, choose among a wide variety of elective courses and interdisciplinary certificate programmes and be a part of research activities undertaken by the university in diverse fields.
Jain University advocates sports as an integral part of the curriculum in conformity with the holistic vision. Talented students who have reached national & international standards or in some instances played in leagues or clubs in any sport are provided academic support and scholarship.
We are very much a people organisation and value the contributions made by all our staff, in both academic and supporting roles. Jain University blends its tradition of excellence with a modern work culture that values different points of view and thrives on respect and innovation. The University offers challenging, exciting, and rewarding careers to those who seek opportunities to grow and excel. We encourage our staff to learn, develop new skills and progress their careers throughout their employment with us.
Our staff enjoy a safe and pleasant working environment, with a variety of benefits encompassing pay, work-life balance along with excellent facilities on campus.
For more details about the group, please visit www.jgi.ac.in or www.myjainuniversity.com
Recruiter Name:Team HR
Address: 91/2, Dr. A.N Krishnarao Road,V.V Puram BANGALORE,Karnataka,India 560004