Scientific Officer 1 @ ICRISAT Last Date 6th December 2012
ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian nationals for the post of Scientific Officer to be based at Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India. This is a nationally recruited position.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, apolitical, international organization for science-based agricultural development. Established in 1972, it is an Alliance of centers of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), and supported by more than 48 governments, foundations, and development banks. To reduce poverty, enhance crop productivity and food security and to protect the environment, ICRISAT research focuses on farming systems and crop improvement, management and utilization of sorghum, pearl millet, pigeonpea, chickpea, and groundnut in the semi-arid tropics.
- Organize stakeholder meetings at periodical intervals in the study locations;
- Train field staff in data collection and implementation of activities;
- Work closely with other partners (NGOs, CGIAR centers, Government line departments etc..) in implementing the work schedules;
- Supervise field staff, guide field data collection and check data quality;
- Analyzing data wherever possible using a standard analytical methods;
- Facilitating interaction with key government official in Rajasthan, communities in the action sites and CRP1.1 advisory group;
- Reporting the progress of works and other developments to project leaders.
- Proficiency in English communication skills(both written and spoken);
- Proficiency in Computer skills (Ms- Office, data analysis);
- Should be a good team player and adaptable to working in multicultural team.
- MSc in Agricultural Sciences;
- Proven field experiences and knowledge about village dynamics;
- Experience in conducting surveys and managing junior field staff working in the field;
- Knowledge in basic computer applications for field data management;
- Local knowledge to discuss the local and regional issues;
- Local languages skills in Rajasthan;
- Knowledge and experience in data analysis and writing ;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with pleasing personality and desire for team work.
This position is a nationally recruited staff position for three years and renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the Institute’s continuing need for the position. An attractive compensation is offered for the right candidate.
How to Apply: The application should include an up-to-date resume, a recent passport size photograph, names and addresses (including phone & e-mail) of three referees and date of availability. Please send applications stating the job title clearly on the application/envelope, to Human Resources Services, ICRISAT, Patancheru, Andhra Pradesh 502 324, or by E-mail to icrisat.nrsjobs, latest by 6 December 2012. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“ICRISAT strongly welcomes women candidates to apply"