Scientific Officer for IWMI @ ICRISAT
Scientific Officer for IWMI
ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian nationals for the post of Scientific Officer for IWMI to be based in Ananthapur/Kurnool. This is a nationally recruited position.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, apolitical, international organization for science-based agricultural development. Established in 1972, it is an Alliance of centers of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), and supported by more than 48 governments, foundations, and development banks. To reduce poverty, enhance crop productivity and food security and to protect the environment, ICRISAT research focuses on farming systems and crop improvement, management and utilization of sorghum, pearl millet, pigeonpea, chickpea, and groundnut in the semi-arid tropics.
About IWMI: International Water Management Institute (IWMI), is a nonprofit scientific research organization, one of the 15 International Institutes under the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), with its world headquarter at Colombo, Sri Lanka. IWMI is engaged in various aspects of water and land management and has its ofices located in New Delhi and Hyderabad.
- Organize stakeholder meetings at periodical internals in the study locations
- Train the field staff in data collection and implementation of activities
- Work closely with other partners ( SAUs, NGOs, ICRISAT/IWMI team) in implementing the work schedules
- Supervise the field staff, guide the field data collection and check the data
- Analysing the data wherever possible using a standard analytical methods
- Facilitating the interaction with key government officials in Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka
- Reporting the progress of works and other developments to project leaders.
- Knowledge and experience in data analysis and writing
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills in English;
- Proficiency in Computer skills (Ms- Office, data analysis);
- Should be a good team player and adaptable to working in multicultural team.
- MSc in Agricultural sciences ( any discipline within the agrl sciences);
- Proven field experiences and knowledge about village dynamics
- Experience in conducting surveys and managing junior field staff working in the field
- Knowledge in basic computer applications for field data management
- Local knowledge to discuss the local and regional issues
- Local languages skills in Telugu and Kannada
The position is initially for four months and can be renewed further based on the performance of the candidate and funding availability. An attractive compensation is offered for the right candidate.
How to Apply: The application should include an up-to-date resume, a recent passport size photograph, names and addresses (including phone & e-mail) of three referees and date of availability. Please send applications stating the job title clearly on the application/envelope, to Human Resources Services, ICRISAT, Patancheru, Andhra Pradesh 502 324, or by E-mail to icrisat.nrsjobs, latest by 10 December 2012. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.