Scientific Officer / Senior Scientific Officer (3 positions) @ ICRISAT
Scientific Officer / Senior Scientific Officer (3 positions)
ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian nationals for three positions of Scientific Officer to be based at Patancheru, Andhra Pradesh, India. This is a nationally recruited position.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, apolitical, international organization for science-based agricultural development. Established in 1972, it is an Alliance of centers of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), and supported by more than 48 governments, foundations, and development banks. To reduce poverty, enhance crop productivity and food security and to protect the environment, ICRISAT research focuses on farming systems and crop improvement, management and utilization of sorghum, pearl millet, pigeonpea, chickpea, and groundnut in the semi-arid tropics.
- Analysis of relevant data sets from projects involving statistical and econometric analysis.
- Downloading relevant and current literature and data from net as appropriate (FAO, WB sites, census data India, market prices etc,)
- Analysis of the data for various projects, and on strategic planning, priority setting, ex-ante assessment etc.
- Conducting field level surveys at household level and value chain surveys of agriculture commodities.
- Preparation of draft reports and power point presentations
- Maintenance and management of large databases
- Knowledge of Impact Assessment processes and analysis will be an advantage.
- Proficiency in computer skills (MS – Office and data analysis softwares like Stata, SPSS, SAS etc).
- Processing and management of large scale database (macro and meso level)
- Prior expertise in analyzing NSSO data would be desirable
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Good team player and adaptable to working in multicultural team.
- 3-10 year’s experience in field level surveys and data analysis using statistical and econometric packages;
- M.Sc in agricultural economics / MA in Economics/ or MBA in Agri. business management and related areas.
The position is for three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the Institute’s continuing need for the position. An attractive compensation is offered for the right candidate.
How to Apply: The application should include an up-to-date resume, a recent passport size photograph, names and addresses (including phone & e-mail) of three referees and date of availability. Please send applications stating the job title clearly on the application/envelope, to Human Resources Services, ICRISAT, Patancheru, Andhra Pradesh 502 324, or by E-mail to icrisat.nrsjobs, latest by 20 December 2012. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“ICRISAT strongly welcomes women candidates to apply"